In a significant development, Jharkhand is on the brink of a gold rush as the state gears up to explore five new mines in the districts of Ranchi, Khunti, and Saraikela-Kharsawan. The exploration work is being conducted by Jharkhand Exploration and Mining Corporation Ltd (JEMC), the state-owned mining corporation.
Details of the Mines:
- Tamad Block, Baradatuoli: A gold mine has been discovered in an area covering 8.97 square kilometers, confirmed by Geological Survey of India (GSI).
- Khunti District, Adraki Block: A gold mine has been located in an area spanning 2.40 square kilometers known as Pondepai.
- Khunti District, Jojbera Ulihuarang: A gold mine covering 12.03 square kilometers has been identified in this region.
- Saraikela-Kharsawan, Kuchai Block: Confirmation has been received for the Hurungdah gold mine, which covers an area of 2.55 square kilometers.
- Saraikela-Kharsawan, Hebem: While confirmation of the Hebem gold mine has been obtained, further extensive investigations are underway.
JEMC is set to undertake exploration work in these mines during the financial year 2023-24. Following detailed excavations and quality assessments, gold mining blocks will be established. This news has sparked excitement among the people of Jharkhand, fueling dreams of potential wealth linked to these new mines.”