Ranchi, July 15 (Jharkhand): A significant number of para teachers in Jharkhand who have passed the TET (Teacher Eligibility Test) will stage a protest outside the Chief Minister’s residence on Saturday, urging for a fair pay scale.
Despite prolonged protests, the teachers have decided to escalate their movement by taking it to the streets after their demands were disregarded. They will convene at Morabadi Ground in Ranchi at 11 am and subsequently march towards the CM’s residence.
- The teachers are protesting under the banner of the Jharkhand Para Teacher Sangharsh Samiti.
- The samiti has been protesting for a pay scale since 2017.
- The teachers have held a number of protests in the past, but their demands have not been met.
- The teachers say that they are being forced to work in difficult conditions without any benefits.
- They say that they are not being paid enough to support their families.